|Essential Oils have many medicinal uses|
that can take care of common problems
and save you money.
Ingrown Toenails can be very painful and the condition is more common than you might think.
It even has a fancy name, onychocryptosis.
Here are some good natural treatments to try yourself.
- Soak your feet to make the nail itself and the skin around it softer and thus easier to manipulate and treat.
- After a good soaking, place a small rolled up piece of a cotton ball between the nail and the skin in an effort to fore the nail to grow in a different direction.
- Use an anti fungal oil such as Lavender or Eucalyptus by placing a drop or two onto the irritated area several times a day.
- Mix and use a healing compound made of; Olive Oil, Lavender Oil, Tea Tree Oil, and Thyme Oil. Place on the infected area daily.
- Place a slice of Lemon on the toenail and hold in place with a piece of tape overnight.
- Rub Vicks Vapor Rub onto the toenail for its antibacterial and antiseptic ingredients.
Of course, if the infection does not go away with these natural treatments, see a Doctor as soon as possible, especially if you are a Diabetic.
This is a Health Tip I am sharing after reading an article on another site, if you want to read more, click on the link below;
Natural Treatments for Ingrown Toenails