|Homemade Laundry Detergent|
How to Make a Homemade Laundry DetergentLaundry detergents an be very expensive when purchased in Supermarkets.
But, for the money-conscious, there are many simple formulas available for use in making very good laundry detergents that you can start using right now.
In reality, if you are a good shopper, you can accumulate the ingredients for a good laundry detergent that will wash up to 100 loads of clothes for less than $2.00.
Simple Laundry detergent recipe;
- Combine; 6-cups of Naptha Soap (or Zote Soap), grated, with 3 cups of Mule Team Borax along with the same amount of Arm and Hammer Washing Soda.
- Add 8-10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil, for its fresh and natural Lavender scent.
- Remember, you can experiment with other Essential Oils for the one that gives you the aroma you like the best.
- Mix all of the ingredients together well.
- Then place it in a covered container for at least 24-hours, allowing the ingredients to blend together well.
How to UseTo use this great homemade laundry detergent, just add two tablespoons of the mixture to a normal load of wash.
Where are the Suds?Be aware that this homemade detergent will inherently have fewer suds than the commercial brands but otherwise it will still keep your clothes as clean as the commercial brands.
Again, remember that if you want to change the scent of your clean clothes, you can just change the essential oil you used to another one with an aroma you might prefer or you can even mix several Essential Oils together to eventually get whatever aroma you personally prefer.
NOTE: For safety’s sake, keep your homemade detergent covered and away from children, just as you would any other detergent or household cleanser.
by Don Bobbitt, 2015