Herbs and other Plants have Other Uses.
Everyone has seen them at one time or another.
They're in magazines as page fillers. In pamphlets at Supermarkets, in Newspapers, somewhere in the Food or Health section. The darn things are literally everywhere.
Generally, we just see them as a nuisance and either tear them out and throw them away or if reading, we just jump over them, and continue.
But, occasionally, these little pieces of data provide some interesting information for the reader.
On closer inspection, I realized that my readers might like to see a page of facts about other healthy applications for the common Foods, Herbs and other plants that we come into contact with or consume every day.
So you might ask; Do these added health and other functions really work as listed?
I am definitely not saying that the listed aids and cures work But I have done some cursory research (on the web) on each of these claims and I have confirmed that there are other sources who state that these facts listed here are true.
So, Why List these NATURAL factsThe fact is, for me, with all of the other shocking news that I see, recounting such horrible tales of the side effects of the latest chemical concoctions of our pharmaceutical industry, I am becoming much a much more wary shopper.
It seems that the artificially generated varieties of drugs medications are thing we need to consider using much more carefully than in our past. And, me? l'm looking more and more towards the more natural and time-proven cures for myself.
So, along with the proverbial grain of salt, here they are;
- Cholesterol- Drink the tea daily to help reduce your Cholesterol levels.
- Digestion- Basil Tea is recommended for Stomach cramps, Gas, vomiting, and constipation
- Kidney Stones- A good treatment for kidney stones is to make a tea by mixing 1-tsp of minced Basil leaves with 1-cup of boiling water, and letting it sit for 10 minutes before filtering it. Drink it daily for six months to help eliminate Kidney Stones.
- Sore Throat- Drink the tea to reduce the pain of a Sore Throat.
Here are a few other applications you might find interesting;
- Bad Breath- Place a slice of cucumber on the roof of your mouth for about 30-seconds, and reduce bad breath.
- Cleaner - Rub Cucumber slices on your faucets and sinks. It will clean them, and remove tarnish.
- Cellulite - Rub a few slices of cucumbers on problem areas to tighten the skin.
- Energizer - 1 Cucumber provides enough B-vitamins and Carbohydrates to act as a good pick-me-up for several hours.
- Garden Grubs - Place a few slices of cucumbers in a pie tin and place it in your garden. The Cucumber reacts with the Aluminum to give off a pungent scent that the bugs hate, but humans cannot smell.
- Lubricant - Rub a slice of cucumber on a squeaky hinge to eliminate the noise.
- Shoe Shine - Rub a slice of cucumber on a dirty shoe, and clean the leather, and provide a nice shine.
Nutritional Content - Vitamins- B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and C, in addition to; Calcium, Folic Acid, Magnesium, Potassium, Phosphorus, and Zinc.
- Arthritis- Topical application can ease arthritis.
- Bug Bites- Topical application can eliminate itch.
- Indigestion- Peppermint Tea can calm the muscles of the digestive tract.
- Mucus and Phlegm- Peppermint Tea can thin these.
- Muscle Cramps- Topical application can ease muscle cramps.
- Sore Throats- Peppermint Tea can soothe a sore throat.
- Joint Pain- Rosemary eases Joint Pain.
- Topical Ointment- Soak Rosemary needles in Almond Oil for 2-weeks, filter and rub on joints to ease local pain.
- Bacteria fighter- Sage works great to help eliminate bacteria.
- Breath Freshener-Because of it's bacteria fighting properties, it is a good Breath Freshener.
- Sore Throat Pain- Mixed with Echinacea, it can be as effective as Lidocaine in reliving sore throat.
- Sage Mouthwash- Mix 1-tbs Sage leaves with 1-cup hot water. After about 5-minutes, strain the mixture, and gargle with the liquid.
- Insomnia- Valerian extract is a good treatment for Insomnia, and helps people fall to sleep quickly.
- Sedative effect- Acts as a mild Sedative.